Welcome to the Intelligent Construction Technical Support Center!
Services are provided by The Transtec Group, a pavement engineering firm with over 12 years of experience working with IC—the most extensive in the industry.
We provide the following services:
- HelpDesk Support: Online and phone support.
- Training Workshops: Lecturer-led on-site training workshops.
- Field Project Support: On-site field support, just-in-time-training (JITT), and data management/analysis/reporting.
- Support Package: Protocol development, customized training, IC-PMTP project field support, data analysis/reporting, specification development/refinement, industry feedback, and an executive summary report.
We provide HelpDesk support online over phone calls. The scope of the HelpDesk support includes all questions on:
- Veta software, including download, installation, data import, analysis, and reporting
- Intelligent Compaction (IC) technologies
- Paver-Mounted Thermal Profiling (PMTP) technologies
HelpDesk Support Cost
The technical support cost is as follows:
- Starting a new ticket: $180
- Resolving issues and closing a ticket: billed at $180/hour for the service hours exceeding one hour.
To pay with credit card, please call +1 (512) 651-6233 and ask for Elvia.
Please make checks payable to “The Transtec Group” and indicate the FreshDesk ticket number. The mailing address is: The Transtec Group (ICTC), 6111 Balcones Drive, Austin TX 78731.
We provide lecturer-led Intelligent Construction Data Management (ICDM) and Veta training workshops typically in a one-day format. The workshop goals are:
- To understand the basics of the Intelligent Compaction (IC) and Paver-Mounted Thermal Profiles (PMTP) technologies and Veta software.
- To understand DOT IC/PMTP specifications and how to meet the requirements
- To understand the IC/PMTP data collection, data characteristics, and trouble shooting.
- To practice hands-on Veta analysis to understand how to meet DOT’s expectation.
A typical workshop agenda looks like:
08:30 am Veta software setup and checks
09:00 am Session 1 – IC/PMTP Basics
09:45 am Session 2 – IC/PMTP Field Data Collection & Management (I)
10:30 am Break
10:45 am Session 3 – IC/PMTP Field Data Collection & Management (II)
12:00 pm Break
01:00 pm Session 4 – IC/PMTP Data Analysis & Interpretation
02:15 pm Break
02:30 pm Session 5 – IC/PMTP Trouble Shooting
03:30 pm Session 6 – Review and Discussion
04:00 pm Adjourn
The format of the training workshops can be customized to meet any local needs.
Get Started With a Training Workshop
To schedule a training workshop or get a cost quote, please fill out the form below.
We provide field project support that includes any combination of the following:
- On-site field technical support: includes one of our technical staff on-site for the first 2 to 3 days of construction to provide technical support.
- Just-in-time-training (JITT): includes 4 to 8 hours of hands-on Veta classroom and ICT field training. ICT field training can be combined with ICT dealers’ support.
- Data management/analysis/reporting: includes exporting and downloading data files, Veta analysis, identification of issues and solutions, reports, etc.
Get Started With Field Project Support
To schedule IC and/or PMTP field project support or get a cost quote, please fill out the form below.
We provide complete package of IC-PMTP-Veta support for agencies or companies. The package can be a combination of the following:
- Protocol development: Protocol for IC/PMTP project planning, data file management, check lists and standard forms.
- Training: Lecturer-led on-site training workshops on ICDM/Veta
- IC/PMTP field support: On-site field project support, just-in-time training, troubleshooting, etc.
- Data analysis and reporting: Data management, analysis, issues-and-solutions, and reporting.
- Specification development/refinement: Reviews and comments on new IC and PMTP specification development or refinement of existing specifications
- Industry feedback: Conduct industry feedback meetings and assistance resolving any technical issues.
- Executive summary: Conduct a summary report, presentation, and questions-and-answers for agency executives.
Get Started With a Complete Support Package
To plan for a complete support package or get a cost quote, please fill out the form below.
The Intelligent Construction Technical Support Center Staff is led by Dr. George K. Chang, Director of Research at The Transtec Group. Support staff also includes Jason Dick, the developer of Veta, and Kiran Mohanraj and Amanda Gilliland, both ICDM/Veta workshop trainers.
George ChangDirector of Research
Dr. George Chang is recognized as the world expert on pavement smoothness and intelligent compaction/construction technologies. His research, teaching, specification development and software tools (such as ProVAL and Veta) have helped made significant technology advancements in the above fields. Dr. Chang has been the principal investigator for numerous projects that enhancing pavement materials/structures, pavement surface characteristics, etc. Recognized for his energetic, lively teaching style, Dr. Chang delivers hundreds of smoothness and intelligent compaction/construction related workshops around world. His research work has been featured in over 50 professional publications and 100+ reports.
Kiran MohanrajProject Manager
Kiran has extensive experience in design, analysis, and construction of pavement systems, supplemented with a strong laboratory knowledge in the design and evaluation of materials used in pavement construction, both flexible and rigid. Kiran’s expertise includes serving as a technical resource for roadway construction projects, evaluating technical specifications, and overseeing testing and inspection during construction. He has provided pavement design, materials, and QC/QA consultation services to various state and local agencies prior to, during, and after roadway construction projects.
Amanda GillilandProject Manager
Amanda has over eight years of hands-on experience with intelligent compaction/construction technologies. Prior to working for The Transtec Group, she worked in Alaska for a heavy civil general contractor specializing in highway and airport construction. They were the first contractor in Alaska to use intelligent compaction and Amanda understands how to successfully implement new technologies at the project level. She used intelligent compaction as a quality control tool to consistently achieve maximum density bonuses and is a valuable resource for agencies and contractors wanting to implement and benefit from intelligent construction technologies.
Jason DickComputer Programmer and Data Management Specialist
Jason has written numerous pavement software applications, ranging from design to post-construction. He is responsible for architecting the non-analytical portions of several engineering applications, such as ProVAL, Veta, HIPERPAV, COMPASS, and SmartCure. He has developed and managed several websites using content managements systems and database-driven, interactive sites. Mr. Dick’s extensive understanding of both software development and the pavement industry enables him to produce computerized guidelines and multimedia tools that are robust in structure yet simple to use. His cross-talents in both software and the Internet often reduce total development time, as the same files can quickly become presentation slides, web pages, or help files.